Expanding Your Toolbox: Integrating Approaches in Pediatrics
13 Sep - 14 Sep 2017 @ The Bethany Auditorium
Instructors: Kim Barthel OTR, Shelley Mannell PT
There are many different frames of reference that blend together to form a holistic approach to pediatric intervention. Combining and integrating theories assists in deepening the detective work necessary for problem- solving and development of an optimal individualized treatment plan.
The goal of this workshop is to provide a 2-day integrated learning experience. Through videos, client demonstrations and practical lab work each day, you will have the opportunity to do assessments, problem-solve and learn treatment skills as they directly apply to clients. Come and participate in a stimulating learning environment where you are actively engaged with experienced teachers and therapists. Self-reflection is encouraged throughout; the goal of this workshop is integration of skills that are essential for the management of children with a variety of challenges. What are the treatment theories and techniques that will be integrated during this workshop?
- Attunement and tuning in –the backdrop of therapy
- Processing sensation and organizing arousal
- Understanding posture –holding on and staying put
- Dynamic Core for Kids – the development of central stability
- Developmental Movement Patterns –foundations for function
- Handling for alignment and functional movement
- Seeing and moving –putting the eyes in the picture
This course is sold out. For more information about sponsoring this workshop at your facility, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org!